Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pieces of a puzzle

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." Vincent van Gogh

My running has been consistent now with times and distance. I have been shocked, elated and pretty damn proud. I am doing it, I am really doing it!

In the 103 degree weather this afternoon, we ran five miles in 40 minutes. The progress is happening, as long as I continue to push myself I will remain on track.

Lori and I are now running three days a week. We run rain or shine and even when the heat is unbearable. It is something I look forward to though sometimes I think I might not be able to finish the whole course but somehow I do.

Each small run is a means to a greater end like putting together the pieces of a puzzle...26.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment