Friday, August 20, 2010

Facts: Little known facts and just general pearls of wisdom I have come to hold as true in my 30s

Sometimes I read on Facebook where people including myself, post notes of list of facts that maybe known or not. I have learned interesting things about such folks and decided to include one in my blog.

  1. My first and middle names have every other letter as "a" - Pamala Rana
  2. I have been and currently am a collector of books and still have most of my childhood books and treasure them.
  3. I am torn on whether or not to get a Kindle as I feel it is kind of blasphemous. :)
  4. Books have been a constant my whole life.  Whenever I have moved, many times as it has been, I always unpack my books first.
  5. My most fond memory of starting school was the smell of the books.
  6. I am very independent.
  7. My drive is undying.
  8. Determination is my motto!
  9. My best friends throughout life other than Lori, have been guys, they tend to stab you in the back less.  They also will be totally honest with you, which I cherish.
  10. When I was a teenager, I was part of a Mime Ministry and Puppet Minis as well as a Clown Ministry.
  11. One of my best Thanksgiving Days was distributing leftovers to homeless people in Five Points.
  12. My children and I volunteered at a shelter to pass out Christmas gifts one year.
  13. My favorite sweatshirt, I bought at Goodwill for a dollar, it's over twenty years old and is still in perfect condition.
  14. Most of my favorite pieces of clothes actually come from consignment stores - my ripped A&F jeans, a limited tee that I like to wear with them, entire outfit - $6!
  15. I just adore my black Chuck Taylors and no I don't think I'll ever stop wearing them.
  16. My favorite, favorite boots - Flame Biker Boots - consignment 5 bucks
  17. I have wanted to be a hairdresser since the age five.
  18. I love my job to say the least and do not see myself not doing hair.  The impact that I have on people's lives is more rewarding than any other job I think I could have and out weighs the hours of standing on my feet in heels.
  19. I took piano lessons for about eight years.  I have a passion for Classical music especially Beethoven and Chopin.  I still have all my music.  I'll have a piano again someday.
  20. I live in the most precious log cabin home on over an acre of land with a huge electric gate.  I call it my doll house and knew that it was meant for me to be here the first time I sat on the porch swing.  It is the most cozy home, anyone who comes in also comments that as well.  
  21. Some of the most important people in my life, who have no clue of the impact they have had on me.  I am trying to let them know.  I know when someone tells me that I inspire them, it is an incredible feeling.  I want to be able to share that with others.
  22. Most of my clients have become my extended family and for that I am most thankful.
  23. Life is way too short for it too be filled with "toxic people" even if they are blood relatives, a choice has to be made. Live life to it's fullest or full of negative people that drag you down and suck the very life's blood from you. I choose the first option.  In other words if people are dead weight in your life and they  do not compliment (not complete) your life in any way, time to cut your losses and move on.  Life is far too short for drama and unhappy people to clutter it all up.
  24. I do not have the ability to change people, only their hair, so there's no need to try.
  25. Acceptance is a huge deal to all people, just be genuine about it.  No time for fake people any more.
  26. I have realized that I have the ability to choose and choose wisely who I share what with and have learned to keep it to a select few.  By a select few, I can count them on just a few fingers.
  27. Trust has to be earned and once broken is very hard to re-establish.
  28. In the words of Forrest Gump, "Life is like a box of chocolates but...in the words of me, It is all about what you make of it, situations mold us into who we are.  You learn from your dealing with different obstacles and surmounting them which is quite rewarding, maybe not at the time but eventually it will be.
  29. Intertwine your life with people who have a positive impact and those are willing to meet you right where you are with no exceptions.  
  30. I have learned that people come into my life at exactly the right time and they also exit in the same manner.
  31. Anything is possible as long as you believe in yourself and are willing to work hard at it.
  32. I know some sign language.
  33. I can speak some French.

A few of my favorite things follow:
  • Gerber daisies
  • coffee, well motor oil :)
  • birthday cake
  • tattoos
  • reality tv
  • reading
  • learning
  • swimming
  • biking
  • running
  • Martial Arts
  • watching fights 
  • anything challenging
  • thrift stores
  • boots
  • running in the rain
  • music, all types, well except country
  • making someone's day
  • sunrises
  • sunsets
  • thunderstorms
  • traveling
  • quaint little restaurants
  • Thai food
  • Mexican Food from Hola
  • Puerto Rican food
  • Indian Food
  • cooking
  • naps
  • Hannah-isms
  • my kiddos
  • best friends

No comments:

Post a Comment